Truth or dare is a classic game of embarrassment and intrigue. While a popular pastime for teenagers and preteens, truth-or-dare questions for adults can add an intensely entertaining aspect to your cocktail night. If you want to probe the inner thoughts of your besties, dig out their deepest, darkest secrets, and have a good belly laugh, then take a few of these truth-or-dare questions and insert them into your next friends’ night out!
Have fun among friends with Adventures From Scratch!
Adventures From Scratch: Friends Edition is loaded with spontaneous scratch-off activities ranging from fun in-home options to awesome outdoor adventures. The book is created with love by our team of adventure experts, and every activity is guaranteed to be a blast and deepen your relationships with your crew. Snag your copy today, and get a whole year of adventures in one handy book!
How does it work?
In case you’re unfamiliar with the game… or it has been a while, here’s a quick rundown. It’s pretty simple. You choose player one, either by spinning a bottle, rock-paper-scissors, or by age, however, you choose. That person becomes the questioner. They either spin the bottle or ask the person to their left the question “truth or dare?” That person chooses their fate.
If they choose “truth,” they will have to answer a (probably embarrassing) question put forth by player one. If they choose “dare,” they will be challenged to a silly or possibly embarrassing task. Sometimes, the question is too intense. In that case, the player can choose to pass, but, there’s usually a punishment. For adult friend groups, the punishment is generally a shot of tequila or something similar. You can also use candy, fake money, or something of the sort, to pay a fine if you don’t complete your question. The person with the biggest pile of candy at the end of the game wins a special prize.
How to Choose Truth Questions
Truth Questions can be anything you want. However, the best truth questions are meant to get to know your friend more deeply. It should reveal something of their inner self, expose something funny, or be an off-the-wall inquisition that makes the person think outside the box.
Keep your questions simple and direct. You only get one question, so no cheating with compound questions. If you’re willing to let your prey off the hook easily, you can formulate your question as a yes or no, or true or false, but if you’re sadistic, make sure to work your query in a way that forces your respondent to explain. For instance:
Let them off easy: Have you ever had a sex dream about a friend?
Slightly sadistic: Which friend shows up the most in your sex dreams?
See the difference? If you’re going to get really personal, just make sure you’re among a trusted circle of friends and in company that won’t get offended or have their feelings hurt. A game is not worth losing a friendship. In this article, we will organize our questions into four categories: “truth questions for adult friends” and “truth questions for couples,” followed by the same system for dares. Here we go!
The Best Truth Questions for Adult Friend Groups
1. What is the strangest dream you have ever had?
2. Have you ever used your hand as toilet paper?
3. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. What would you do with a million dollars?
6. What is the weirdest thing you do in the bathroom?
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
8. What is the weirdest place you have ever had sex?
9. Who is your celebrity crush?
10. Who was the first person that gave you butterflies?
11. Where did you have your first kiss?
12. Who was your first kiss?
13. Have you ever had a one-night stand?
14. Who has given you the best sexual experience?
15. What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
16. What action in your life are you most ashamed of?
17. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
18. Who is the single most important person in your life?
19. If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?
20. If you could look like anyone past or present, who would it be?
21. Have you joined the mile-high club?
22. What one food could you eat every day for the rest of your life?
23. Which family member would you date if they weren’t your family?
24. Who is your hottest friend?
25. What happened on your worst date ever?
26. Would you rather eat your own poop or drink your own pee?
27. What is your biggest fear?
28. What does the last text you sent say?
29. What is your worst habit?
30. What is the worst thing you have ever done to your sibling?
31. What is the most money you have ever spent on a pair of shoes?
32. What is your fondest memory with me?
33. Have you ever romanticly kissed multiple people on the same day?
34. What is a funny truth about yourself?
35. What is the craziest thing you have ever done for money?
36. What was your first impression of me?
37. If you were trapped on a desert island, who would you want to be with you?
38. What has been the scariest moment of your life?
39. What is a dirty truth about your last partner?
40. What is the most difficult challenge you have ever accomplished?
41. What is your biggest failure?
42. What is your biggest regret?
43. Have you ever slept with someone from work?
44. What is your ultimate dream vacation?
45. If you could go back to age eighteen and start your adult life over, what would you do differently?
46. If you could erase one romantic partner from your past, who would it be?
47. What is the dumbest or most frivolous reason for which you have ended a relationship?
48. If you could only have one alcoholic beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?
49. Would you rather live the rest of your life without wine or without chocolate?
50. If you could choose any job today, what would it be?
The Best Truth Questions for Couples
Be careful with this one! The game of truth can quickly become a battlefield of fiery darts if you aren’t sensitive. If you ask a question, you must be prepared for an honest answer. Therefore, don’t ask if you don’t want to hear the hard truth.
1. Where was your most romantic kiss?
2. What is the first thing you remember about me?
3. What is your favorite thing that I do in bed?
4. What is your favorite sex position?
5. Have you ever tried anything from the Karma Sutra?
6. Is there any old partner you wish you could have a second chance with?
7. What is your favorite body part of your body?
8. What is your favorite part of my body?
9. Have you ever had sex in public?
10. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done in the bedroom?
11. If you could date one celebrity, who would it be?
12. What first attracted you to me?
13. Honestly, what was your first impression of my family?
14. What movie best sums up our love affair?
15. At what moment did you realize that you loved me?
16. If we were to have a child soon, what would you want to name them?
17. Where do you see us in 5 years?
18. If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
19. Is there anything I do that really gets on your nerves?
20. What clothing item of mine would you trash if I let you?
21. What aspect of our relationship do you treasure the most?
22. Have you ever had a sex dream about one of my friends?
23. What is the sexiest thing I have in my closet?
24. What is something I do that drives you insane?
25. If you could change one thing about our relationship, what would it be?
26. What is the one trait you hope our kids get from me?
27. What is one kinky sex act you would like to try that you haven’t yet?
28. When was the last time a kiss took your breath away?
29. Who was the last person you wanted to punch in the face?
30. Would you rather suck my big toe or lick my armpit?
31. What is your favorite sex prop?
32. What is your idea of the perfect romantic weekend?
33. What makes us a good match?
34. What do you admire most about me?
35. What is your favorite article of clothing in my closet?
36. What is something you wish I did more in the bedroom?
37. Do you miss anything about your last partner?
38. Who is the first person in your life that you remember being sexually attracted to?
39. Have you ever made out with your best friend?
40. Who is your work husband/wife?
41. Is there anything embarrassing in your search history?
42. Would you be interested in blindfold play?
43. What’s the most romantic date you’ve ever been on?
44. Would you rather spend the rest of your life in a monogamous relationship or have multiple short-lived relationships?
45. What personal habit would you be embarrassed for me to know about?
46. Which one of us has the worst temper?
47. Which one of us would make a better parent?
48. If you could make out with one person of the opposite sex besides me, who would it be?
49. What is your dirtiest sex fantasy?
50. What is the biggest perk of being in a relationship with me?
Good Dares for Friend Groups
If your friends are not brave enough to take on the truth challenge, make them pay with some truly difficult dares. Dares should always be age-appropriate, fairly safe, and obviously, legal. Otherwise… no holds barred. Go for ultimate fun!
1. Show us the most embarrassing photo in your gallery.
2. Show us your most embarrassing tattoo.
3. Show us your orgasm face.
4. Do a Marilyn Monroe version of the “Happy Birthday” song.
5. Draw a cat face on your face with a permanent marker.
6. Try to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon.
7. Post a selfie with a mouth full of ice cubes on social media.
8. See how many fireballs you can fit in your mouth.
9. Spend the rest of the game with your bra on your head like a crown.
10. Show us your best breakdance.
11. Let us see you twerk!
12. Take a cold plunge in the swimming pool.
13. Strip down and wrap yourself in Ceran wrap and run around the block.
14. Prank call a local business and let me listen in.
15. Take a shot of Tabasco sauce.
16. Post the latest TikTok trending dance on your social media accounts.
17. Tell us your best flirty pickup line.
18. Attempt to do 10 pushups with me on your back.
19. Smell each of our armpits and tell us whose smell the worst.
20. Close your eyes and pick something out of the fridge to take a bite of.
21. Make a cocktail while blindfolded and post it to your Instagram stories.
22. Call your ex-partner and make fart noises on the phone.
23. Show us your stupid human trick.
24. Let out the biggest belch you can.
25. Try to do a handstand without using the wall.
26. Show us your best yoga moves.
27. Pretend to make out with your arm.
28. Moo like a cow until your next turn.
29. Let us hear your best version of a donkey.
30. Send a sext to the first person in your contact list.
31. Take a drink of water without using your hands.
32. Take off your socks and shoes without using your hands.
33. Send a sexy email to a random email address.
34. Try to fit your fist in your mouth.
35. Show us your best pole dancing moves.
36. ask the neighbor for a cup full of ketchup.
37. Show us your best ballet moves.
38. Sit for one minute with a bar of soap in your mouth.
39. Let me post anything I want on your social media account.
40. Give a lap dance to a friend of your choice.
41. Give a one-word description of every person in the circle.
42. Crack a raw egg on your head.
43. Bark like a dog until your next turn.
44. Record a 30-second infomercial about a hemorrhoid cream called anal-ease.
45. Write and sing your own country music song in 2 minutes.
46. Go outside and play in the sprinkler with your clothes on.
47. Play the rest of the game without speaking a word.
48. Show us your best Hollywood fake cry.
49. Show us the worst photo of you as a child.
50. Let me do a full face of makeup for you while blindfolded and wear it for the rest of the night.
Best Dares for Couples
When composing dares for couples, it gets a bit sticky because we obviously don’t know the state of your relationship. Some of these are for sexually active couples, some aren’t, so just make sure that any dare you challenge your significant other to do is something that they are comfortable with. Remember, it’s supposed to be a fun game, not torture. Stepping outside the normal is great, but only within the realms of mutual comfort and respect.
1. Eat a banana in the most seductive way you can.
2. Perform your best strip tease.
3. Perform an acro-yoga stunt with me.
4. Shave your facial hair into a mustache.
5. Give me a five-minute foot massage.
6. Send me a dirty sext.
7. Wear a whipped cream bathing suit for the rest of the game.
8. Try a move of your choice from the karma sutra.
9. Try to put your favorite jeans on while wearing a blindfold.
10. Send me your most embarrassing photo to keep on my phone.
11. Text your ex and tell them something amazing about me.
12. Try to stare into my eyes for 30 seconds.
13. Let me do whatever I want to your phone for 5 minutes.
14. Remove five items of clothing.
15. Show me your best Dirty Dancing sexy crawl.
16. Sing me your version of a Whitney Houston love ballad.
17. Write me a poem about how much you love me.
18. Go skinny dipping with me.
19. Take a streaking lap around the house.
20. Let me fix your hair and makeup for our next date.
21. Explain how we met from your perspective.
22. Draw a picture that represents our romance.
23. Act out your perfect date without using any words.
24. Jump on the bed naked for 1 minute.
25. Spin around 15 times and then try to kiss me on the lips.
26. Let me tickle you for 30 seconds.
27. Clean out my car wearing just your underwear.
28. Go put on your sexiest date night outfit.
29. Let me pick your work outfit for Monday.
30. Go to the thrift store and buy an outfit for our next date.
31. Post pictures of your socks and underwear as for sale on social media for one hour.
32. Wear my underwear on your head for the rest of the game.
33. Passionately kiss an item out of the kitchen pantry.
34. Post an incredibly sappy and romantic 50-word post on social media about me.
35. Try to put lipstick or chapstick on without using your hands.
36. Lay on your back and try to fly me like an airplane on your feet.
37. Make me a flower bouquet from flowers you find in the yard.
38. Write me a love poem using only 4-letter words.
39. Text your best pickup line to a mutual friend of ours.
40. Show me a dance from your high school days.
41. Give me a massage on a weird body part of your choice.
42. Take off my shirt only using your teeth.
43. Take a totally cold shower and let me watch.
44. Take an artistic/obscure photo of your favorite body part and let’s see if I can guess what it is.
45. Fix me a snack in nothing but an apron.
46. Give me a full one-minute hug without moving.
47. Come up with your own descriptive name for your favorite sex position.
48. Do your best impression of my celebrity crush.
49. Whisper your dirtiest secret in my ear.
50. Let me draw pictures on you with chocolate syrup.
We dare you to find a party game that induces more laughter and intense bonding than The Truth or Dare game. This classic and simple game is perfect for a night with close friends or a free date night idea with your partner. Just make sure to monitor the crowd and be aware of any tension or discomfort. Keep your questions appropriate for the level of relationships present, and do a good mix of dirty/clean and funny/serious to keep it interesting. Have fun!
Need a few more party ideas to keep your friends entertained? Check out “25 Fantastic Party Games to Play With Friends.”
If you need more romantic date night ideas, take a look at “25 Couples’ Games and Activities to Help Pass the Time.”
If you have young ones hanging around, you’ll need to adjust your game night. Check out our list of the best truth-or-dare questions for kids.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a fun night with adult friends, try a spontaneous scratch-off activity from Adventures From Scratch: Friends Edition, or play some party games, including a riveting round of Truth or Dare.
Truth or Dare is always a great time, but it can be challenging to come up with questions and challenges. Thankfully, AdventureBook.com offers a list of “200 Truth-or-Dare Questions for Adults.”
When playing Truth or Dare, consider your partner’s comfort level. Check out these truth questions for couples and dares for couples, and find ones that don’t cross any current boundaries.
Truth or Dare is a great way to get to know someone you’re dating! Try some of these “Truth-or-Dare Questions for Adults,” but be sure to consider each other’s comfort level.
For a romantic date night at home, consider starting with a scratch-off activity from Adventures From Scratch: Date Edition! Then, end the night with an intriguing evening of Truth or Dare.